Monday, May 17, 2010

One Blessed Mommy!

Last Sunday was Mother's Day and that day is a reminder to me each year about how blessed I am. I am so blessed to be called Mommy by 2 amazing kids!

I do not ever take my "job" for granted or forget what a blessing it is daily to take care of these 2 kids on earth as God has commanded me and is guiding me to do. It is not an easy job but it is a job that I try to do joyfully and with gratitude because I truly have done nothing to deserve this blessing!

I also do not deserve the blessing of being surrounded by such amazing Mommies every day. So many of my friends are the best Mommies that I know and they teach me so much with the way they sacrifice for their children, pray over them, support them, and bring them up in scripture. They are an encouragement to me and help me during the times when I stumble or feel alone in the "Mommy world". I am so thankful for their examples and support in my life.

I also married into a family with lots of great Mommies. Bobby was a Mama's boy when we met for a reason! :) His Mom (MawMaw) is such a wonderful example to me of how to make sure my kids know that I am always there for them. She has welcomed me and my annoying tendencies with open arms and takes such great care of my kids. She loves them deeply and plays with them inside, outside, or all around town which is one thing they love the most about her. I can only hope I do as well as she did with raising my 2 in the years ahead. Bobby's sister and Mema have also amazed me with their abilities to be great Mommies. Their love and support for their family is contagious to all that are in their presence. I am very fortunate to have all of them as examples in my life.

On top of that I have the best role model with my sister. I have always looked up to her since I was a little girl and that admiration only increased when she became a Mommy. She has shown me how to Mommy with grace and with faith that God will help us in times of difficulty and uncertainty. She has taught me how to laugh often with parenting and trust others to help me when I need a hand. I cannot thank her enough for all that she has taught me.

Finally, any one that knows me knows that my absolute favorite Mommy though is my Momma! Don't get me wrong, I know that she is an awesome Momma because she had the best example with Me-Ma but regardless, she has always been pretty great on her own. Me-Ma definitely taught her how to make a mean cup of coffee for her kids to enjoy. She also taught her how to stay organized, involved, and loyal to her family. My favorite though, is that Me-Ma taught her how to be the best Grandma for all of her grand kids. On top of that though, my Momma has always been my biggest fan, my only voice of truth sometimes, and my friend that has been there for me the longest. Without a doubt, I would not be the wife, sister, mother, daughter, friend, and woman that I am today if it wasn't for her because I've learned it all from watching her walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

(Not sure why I didn't get a picture of her with my kids on Mother's day, but whatever!) ;)

So, my Mother's Day was definitely blessed with quality time with my family, special hand-made gifts from my son, wonderful surprises from my hubby, and enjoyable meals throughout the weekend. However, more than that...every day of my life is filled with blessing after blessing when I am surrounded by my kids and all of you amazing Mommies! Thank you for teaching me and helping me to want to do a better job! I hope your Mother's Day felt equally blessed!

Love,
Brooke

No comments: