Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter 2011

Our family really had an amazing Easter!
The older my kids get (and the older I get) I feel like I grow more and more convicted of how it's the simple things that make these days so special for us all.
The more I do the more it complicates the day and distracts me from the things that are most important to me.


We woke up early so we could show the kids their Easter "baskets" before church.
The kids couldn't wait to check them out.They were definitely VERY excited to see all of their loot...
especially Brenden...Ha!
He actually asked me to take a picture of him with that face! ;)
However, I think their all-time favorite gift were their jump ropes!
They both absolutely LOVED this!
After Easter baskets we ate our breakfast and headed to church.
We had a great time hanging out with our friends there.
After church we headed outside for some pics and then lunch at Bo's.
(Brenden's request).

The rest of the day was just perfect.
We spent all afternoon/evening outside.
We hunted for eggs, played baseball, and cooked out.
The weather was perfect, the kids had a blast, and it was the best way to spend the rest of the day!

We feel so blessed and love that we have these special memories to cherish on life's journey.
We have found that nothing satisfies us more than time with the Lord, company of friends, love of our family, sunshine on our face, and laughter all around us!

We hope the same for each of you!

No comments: